- be engaged in massage instruction for the visually impaired persons, or be a masseur themselves,
- have at least three(3) years of practical experience i the fields mentioned above, or have the equivalent technical skills,
- be able to work as an instructor at a training center of some kind, which trains visually impaired persons with therapeutic massage techniques,
- be nominated by their government in accordance with the procedures mentioned in Ⅳ. below
- be between twenty five(25) to forty five(45) years of age,
- have sufficient command of oral and written English, and
have the ability to read English Braille, if he/she does not read printed materials,
- be able to travel and move by him/herself,
- be in good health both physically and mentally to undergo the course of training (as the training covers a long period and may pose risk to pregnant women, pregnancy is regarded as a disqualifying condition for participation), and
- not be serving in the military.
Participants are required:
- not to change course subjects or extend the course period
- not to bring any members of heir family,
- to return to their home country at the end of the course according to the international travel schedule designated by JICA,
- to refrain from engaging in political activities or any form of employment for profit or gain, and
- to observe the rules and regulation s of their place of accommodation and not to change accommodations provided by JICA.