- This program is designed primarily for organizations that intend to address specific issues or problems identified in their operation. Participating organizations are expected to use this program for those specific purposes.
- This program is enriched with contents and facilitation schemes specially developed in collaboration with relevant prominent organizations in Japan. These special features enable this program to meet specific requirements of applying organizations and effectively facilitate them toward solutions for the issues and problems.
- As this program is designed to facilitate organizations to come up with concrete solutions for their issues, participating organizations are expected to make due preparation before dispatching their participants to Japan by carrying out the activities of the Preliminary Phase.
- Participating organizations are also expected to make the best use of the results achieved by their participants in Japan by carrying out the activities of the Finalization Phase.
Applying Organizations are expected to select nominees who meet the following qualifications.
- be nominated by their government in accordance with the procedures,
- be persons with disabilities who are leaders with more than three (3) nears of experience in the relevant field, and who shall continue to work in their organizations upon returning to home countries,
- be no less than twenty-five (25) years and no more than forty (40) years of age,
- have a good command of English to read the program materials, understand lectures, participate in discussion, and write documents in English,
- be in good health to undergo the training,
* As the course contains many observation trips that would be too demanding for pregnant women, pregnancy is regarded as a disqualifying condition for participation in this training program.
- not be serving in the military, and
- not have participated in this training program previously. Applicants who have participated in JICA’s relative training programs in the past will be given lower priority than those without experience of participation in JICA training.
3. Required Documents for Application Skip to Next Paragraph Back to Previous Paragraph
- Application Form: The Application Form is available at the respective country’s JICA office or the Embassy of Japan.
- Nominee’s English Score Sheet: to be submitted with the Application Form. If you have any official documentation of English ability (e.g. TOEFL, TOEIC IELTS), please attach it (or a copy) to the Application Form.
- Personal / Organization Report: Fill in ANNEX-1 of this General Information (should be written by the applicant him / herself), and submit it along with the Application Form. As applicants’ Personal / Organization Report will be used for the screening of applicants, application not accompanied by a Personal / Organization Report will not be considered as qualified. It is recommended to attach photos of the organization and activities, if available.
- Questionnaire: Fill in ANNEX-2 of this General Information, and submit it along with the Application Form. Please attach a full-body photo of the appilcant
4. Procedure for Application and Selection Skip to Next Paragraph Back to Previous Paragraph
(1) Submitting the Appication Documents: Closing date for application to the JICA Tokyo in Japan: Aug 14, 2009
Note: Please confirm the closing date set by the respective country’s JICA office or Embassy of Japan of your country to meet the final date in Japan. (2) Selection: After receiving the document(s) through due administrative procedures in the respective government, the respective country’s JICA office (or Japanese Embassy) shall conduct screenings, and send the documents to the JICA Tokyo in Japan, which organizes this project. Selection shall be made by the JICA Tokyo in consultation with the organizations concerned in Japan based on submitted documents according to qualifications. The organization with intention to utilize the opportunity of this program will be highly valued in the selection. (3) Notice of Acceptance Notification of results shall be made by the respective country’s JICA office (or Embassy of Japan) to the respective Government by not later than Sep 11, 2009.
5. Conditions for Attendance: Back to Previous Paragraph
- to observe the schedule of the program,
- not to change the program subjects or extend the period of stay in Japan,
- not to bring any members of their family,
- to return to their home countries at the end of the program in Japan according to the travel schedule designated by JICA,
- to refrain from engaging in political activities, or any form of employment for profit or gain,
- to observe the rules and regulations of their place of accommodation and not to change the accommodation designated by JICA.