|Course :||Leaders Training 1989|
|Name :||Adela Avila KONO (Ms.)|
|Group :||Jesus S. Avila Foundation Inc. Company Director Jesa Management Corp|
- Regional Council for the Welfare of Disabled Persons (Organization of Rehabilitation Agencies)
[ PDF file (178KB) ]
- Accessibility – The Key to Independent Living and Equal Opportunities
[ PDF file (5.4MB) ]
- A family of, for and by the orthopedically handicapped Handicapped’s Anchor Is Christ, INC. September 1985 – January 2005
[ PDF file (7.15MB) ]
- Guide to Assisting a Physically Handicapped Passenger
[ PDF file (2.03MB) ]
Have you utilized the knowledge obtained in the course in your activities / projects?
If answer is “Yes”, please describe your activities / projects briefly.
- Name of Activity / Project : Accessibility monitoring Period : 1989-Present Your Responsibility : Initiated the creation of the 2nd Accessibility Monitoring Comm. in Cebu City. Monitor access law compliance in buildings & others. Give talks/lectures to architects and implementers and bldg. engineers as well as technical advice. How did you utilize it :
I took pictures of accessibility in Japan in buildings, roads and transport systems and made them into a PowerPoint presentation that I show to disabled persons, to architects, building engineers and government agencies.. I let them understand that accessibility improve the lives of disabled persons..
- Name of Activity / Project : Prototyping/Production of Enabling Tools for PWDs Period : 2000 Your Responsibility : Head of Project Implementation Team of HACI How did you utilize it :
I proposed to the Dept. of Science & technology to fund our project on enabling tools which I saw during my traveling and they gave us P 1,1milion worth of machinery, tools and training so we could go into prototyping and production.
Describe your needs and expectations for the follow-up program.
- That JICA could draw up a list of ex-participants who are still carrying out the mission/work related to their training.
- That JICA could provide all the support (except personal) for those ex-participants who need/wish to make great program in their work & mission.
- That JICA would expect a yearly report form the activity working ex-participant regarding his/her achievements and difficulties/obstacles for the year.
Describe your future plans in the disability field if any.
- Continue serving in my organization of PWD’S in every way that I am asked to /assigned to.
- Pursue my dream to make my city (Cebu) very accessible, especially in schools, malls and tourist destinations by the year 2007, by continuing to conduct advocacy, monitoring and enforcement with city officials.
- Link/ Network with individuals/agencies to rally, nationally or abroad to increase my effectivity in my mission that Cebu and the Phil. become truly accessible.