Proposal to Purchase Equipments for the Employment Project
United Voice Persatuan Advokasi-Diri Orang Bermasalah Pembelajaran
Selangor & Kuala Lumpur
(1235-05-7) Self – Advocacy Society of Persons with Learning Disabilities
Selangor & Kuala Lumpur (1235-05-7)
Persatuan Advokasi Diri Orang Bermasalah Pembelajaran Selangor & Kuala Lumpur
Self-Advocacy Society Of Persons With Learning Disabilities Selangor & Kuala Lumpur
No.603 A, Jalan 17/12, 46400 Petaling Jaya, Selangor, Malaysia ;
Tel/Fax: 603 79588069; E-mail : firstname.lastname@example.org; Website: www.unitedvoice.com.my
20 September 2006
Pn Halijah Yahaya Pengarah Jabatan Kebajikan Masyarakat Selangor Tingkat 2, Bangunan Darul Ehsan,
Dear Pn Halijah,
We would like to present Jabatan Kebajikan Masyarakat Selangor with a proposal outlining our appeal for funds for United Voice to purchase equipments for the Employment Project which is currently providing jobs for 15 persons with learningdisabilities (PWLDs).
This proposal will outline the objectives and benefits of having the equipments in the Employment Project. We propose to invest in a printer, name card cutter, computer and ADOBE Illustrator software. This proposal presents the current situation of the Employment Project and provides an analysis of why the equipments are a profitable investment to expand the income-generating project.
United Voice aims to create employment for persons with learning disabilities toaddress the issue faced by PWLDs who do not have job opportunities in open employment. We hope that funds can be granted to United Voice to create more employment for PWLDs.
Johari Bin Jamali
President of United Voice
Employment Project Skip to next paragraph 3
United Voice started a hand-made card business in 2003 to create employment for persons with learning disabilities who are unable to secure a job in the openemployment because of very few job opportunities for persons with moderate and severe learning disabilities. It started with 7 members and has now increased to 15 members. A member of United Voice who is a slow learner is full-time staff who is the Assistant Project Coordinator.
Currently 15 people who are working in United Voice are persons with Down Syndrome, Autism, William’s Syndrome and Global Developmental Delay. They workfrom 9am to 4pm every Tuesday and Thursday. Some who are higher function work4 or 5 days a week. The Employment Project workers are paid a monthly salary, EPF, SOCSO and a yearly bonus. They also receive a monthly allowance of RM200 from the government. The workers are paid a bonus based on their productivity.
Profiles of Workers Skip to submenu
|Bonus in 2005 – given in Jan
|1||Basri Kamil Bin Wan Bukhari||25||Down Syndrome||90.00||256.80|
|2||Koh Sher Li||29||Down Syndrome||105.00||422.40|
|3||Kee Wai Han||36||Slow Learner||110.00||892.00|
|4||Aida Rahayu Bt Abu Bakar||29||Down Syndrome||90.00||265.60|
|5||Wong Leong Kit||29||Slow Learner||105.00||376.00|
|6||Mohd Aidil Bin Zulkafli||24||Slow Learner||115.00||587.20|
|7||Breiv Benedict A/L
|8||Jonathan Lee Thien Shui||23||Down Syndrome||80.00||192.80|
|9||Jennifer Ooi Phaik Hoon||22||Slow Learner||105.00||425.60|
|10||Syed Abid bin Syed Gulzar||22||Slow Learner||90.00||380.00|
|11||Irfan Bin Harith||28||Slow Learner||90.00||333.60|
|12||Alvin Tan Kang Lin||22||William
|13||Wong Wei Leong||19||Autism||120.00||668.00|
|14||Eleanore D’Orville||24||Slow Learner||80.00||Joined 2006|
|15||Irwan Shah Bin Faizul||23||Autism||90.00||272.00|
*With EPF & SOCSO
The Employment Project Workers make greeting cards, bookmarks, DIY gift boxes, fridge magnets, festival greeting cards, wedding invitation cards and Saori productssuch as coasters and keychains.
We sell the products at schools, annual Christmas charity bazaars, colleges, carnivals and other places where we are given the opportunity to sell our products.
The Objectives of the Employment Project :
- To create income generating employment for persons with learning disabilities
- To provide on the job training for persons with learning disabilities who are unemployed.
- To set a model of an income-generating business to create employment for persons with learning disabilities & conduct training on how to run a small business for other vocational centers for persons with learning disabilities.
- To improve the quality of life of persons with learning disabilities by being productive and having a social life at the workplace.
The Employment Project expansion goals for the next two years (2007-2008):
- To target 100% salary increment by the end of 2008
- To increase the number of working days to 4 or 5 days a week (for the able ones).
- To employ 6 more persons with learning disabilities who are currently not employed after leaving school to work in the Employment Project.
- To develop more products such as name card and invest in a printer to begin a name card printing business
- To be a more self-sufficient project that is able to cover cost of Employment Project support staff.
- To be able to have enough resources to train other centers to begin a smallbusiness to create employment for PWLDs in their community.