The Constitution of 1993 (amended in 1999) which is the highest Law of the Kingdom of Cambodia, contains article of legal rights and benefits of every citizen. The Royal Government has to adhere to and execute this law article, which are relevant to vocational training-rehabilitation and employment for PWD, as follows:
- Article 34, 35 and 36 stipulated that all citizens has the rights to actively participate in political, economic, social and culture activities. Equal rights to employment and equal benefit from the same job.
- Article 66 stipulated the duty of State in providing aid and support to PWD and death soldiers’ families.
Labour Law: Although in this law no special treatment is offered to PWD but it is important law to manage contractual agreement between employees and employers in which PWD are included.
b) Related law / regulations / proclamations / decisions
- Sub-Decree No. 55 ANK/BK dated April 8, 2005 of the Royal Government of Cambodia on the organization and functioning of the Ministry of Social Affairs, Veterans and Youth Rehabilitation with one of the main priorities is being prepared guideline and policies to protect and support PWD;
- Ministerial Decision No. 10 PKNN/MOVSA dated January 10, 1992 of Ministry of Veterans and Social Affairs on implementing declaration of organizational structure of rehabilitation for PWD;
- Ministerial Decision (Prakas) No. 757/MOSALVA dated May 10, 1997 of Ministry of Social Affairs, Labours, and Veteran Affairs on establishment of the National Center for Disabled Persons (NCDP) with main responsibility to coordinate for providing rehabilitation services, job placement, and referral services;
- Ministerial Decision (Prakas) No. 308/MOSALVY dated October 26, 1999 of Ministry of Social Affairs, Labours, Vocational Training and Youth Rehabilitation on establishment of the Disability Action Council (DAC) as a National Semi-autonomous Coordinating Body on Disability and Rehabilitation;
- Ministerial Regulation (Prakas) No. 043/MOSALVY dated January 28, 2000 of Ministry of Social Affairs, Labours, Vocational Training and Youth Rehabilitation on Organization, Role and Function of Municipal/Provincial SALVY to provide rehabilitation services to PWD;
- Ministerial Decision (Prakas) No. 306/MOSALVY dated August 28, 2000 of Ministry of Social Affairs, Labours, Vocational Training and Youth Rehabilitation on establishment a Working Group on Draft Legislation to Protect the Right of PWD;
- Ministerial Decision (Prakas) No. 261/MOSALVY dated October 03, 2002 of Ministry of Social Affairs, Labours, Vocational Training and Youth Rehabilitation on establishment of the Kien Khleang, National Rehabilitation Center for PWD;