The persons who have disability are among the poorest segment of the population of our country. The Annual income is very limited by the less employment opportunity for both self-employment and employments in private and public establishments.
Self – employment is the most appropriate choice available for persons who have disability. But many people do not have vocational/technical training to start a self –employment too. The entrepreneurship skills has to be introduced in relevant course curricula in vocational courses.
3.2 Major Problems:
- Vocational teachers do not posses entrepreneurship skills
- Transportation barriers
- Communication barriers in work stations and vocational training centers
- Cultural barriers
- Societal and family expectations
3.3 Role of Government :
- Government should promote and give special attention for persons with disability
- Government can introduce tax concession for the imports of instruments, apparatus required by the persons with disability
- Tax relief for company owners who recruit persons with disabilities. This can be introduced with incentive scheme. (Rates varies according to the number of persons recruited)
- Financial Assistance Schemes such as low interest loans and grants can be identified for Special Vocational Training Centres
- Introduced additional allowance for the salary for the academic staff of these special vocational training centers.