To meet the objective, we provide three training courses as the following Programs below.
1. Basic Computer.
- – Computer Equipment.
- – Hardware (Braille Printer).
- – Software (JAWS, Braille Converter and Screen reader)
2. Microsoft Office.
- – Microsoft Office Word.
- – Microsoft Office Excel.
- – How to access to internet.
- – How to send and receive email.
- – How to search information from internet.
- 7. Time Frame
- 8. Needs of Project.
- 9. Human Resource
- 10. Implementing Agency and Collaborative Partner.
- 11. Budget
- 12. Monitoring
- 13. Evaluation
- 14. Future perspective
- 15. APPENDIX
7. Time Frame
- – Information sharing consensus among IT workshop staff
- – Preparation and problems analysis for Blind
- – Research the needs of blind
- – Find 2-3 eligible blind candidates to become future leaders.
- -Conduct JAWS (JAWS is a sound software for blind peoloe to operate with computer) practice and IT teaching training seminar (Training for IT trainers for BLIND)
September 2006-February 2007
- – First Six months IT course for 2-3 blind people to become role models, They become leaders and create their own workshop.
- – Interim IT Seminar for Blind (Mid term outcome report for teaching blind / presentation)
February – July 2007
- – Second Six months IT course for 2 – 3 blind
- – The Second IT seminar for blind
8. Needs of Project.
9. Human Resource
10. Implementing Agency and Collaborative Partner.
We will collaborate with LDPA (Lao Disabled People Association), ADDP, Handicap International, JICA in Laos, Ministry of Social Welfare and Blind Group for Information, Technology and Network.
|1||Human Resources||4||12 months||$75||$3,600|
|6||Printer Repair Cost||$2,000|
|7||Special Braille Paper||500 sheets||$0.01||$5|
|9||Office Supply||12 months||$25||$300|
|10||Running Cost||12 months||$40||$480|
|11||Internet Access||12 months||$180||$2,160|
The place for interim IT seminar will be provided by Ministry of Social Welfare.
We conduct monitoring by asking questions to the trainees.
- – We hold evaluation meeting with NGOs, Lao governmental official and LDPA (Laos Disabled Peoples Association) and discuss about outcome and process of training every 3 months.
- – We hold IT seminar every 6 months to invite many people as much as possible for awareness raising for BLIND activity.
14. Future perspective
- – After training, they will able to find job by themselves in private companies, NGO’s and government sector.
- – They can live independently.
- – Unemployment rate of PWD’s will be reduced.
- – PWD’s can be able to contribute to the national economy of Laos.
Experience During the training course in Japan.
From seeing and visiting many places. I am very impressed by each place. It is very important for me to learn a lot about disabilities, leadership and management.
Fukushima is one of the places that I am interested in because the sheltered workshop is run by people with disabilities. They have very good marketing strategy and also they can hire PWD’s and people without disabilities.
The most important place that I had visited in my individual training is the Association of Visual Impaired. I met Mr. Yamaguchi who is the people with visual impaired and I learn a lot about how people with visual impairment can operate computers. These are my experience that I got from Japan during the training course.